Social Media & Content Marketing Strategist
We’re looking for a talented and ambitious content marketing and social media strategist to join our team in Soho, London.
This is an exciting time to become part of The Spaces; our rapidly growing publication – launched in April 2015 – has big projects in the pipeline. You will play a pivotal role in building on our success, working closely with our editorial team to implement growth strategies for the site and social platforms.
Think you’ve got what we’re looking for? Apply today. More information below.
Your goal is clear:
Grow and engage our audience and community on social platforms, newsletter and on-site through digital content marketing strategies.
- Data analysis and feedback on content: Provide feedback to the editorial team on content posted to the site and on social platforms – successes and failures – using our social and on-site data and metrics
- Company-wide social mindset and approach: Lead the development of brand-wide social media management approach and mindset, and ensure we have an optimised system that sees all content creators source and publish to all platforms across all time zones with the right tone and style
- Online Marketing and Collaborations: Identify, develop and manage online brand/PR campaigns and collaborations that are directly focused on growing our audience. Develop, negotiate and manage these tactic and strategic collaborations. Be the link between us and the other brands on all our platforms. This should be predominantly online with only very occasional offline events
- Community Management: Instigate and respond to relevant discussions that might assist in engaging our community and growing it, e.g. Facebook groups, Reddit, Twitter conversations
- Strategies, data and competitor analysis: Collect and analyse our own data for all our social content, on-site content, newsletter conversions, competitors strategies, publishing data and audience data to find optimum audience and community growth strategies
- Growth hacks and strategies based on data: Develop and implement social media distribution and growth and growth-hack strategies based on our own data and competitor insights, brand performance and new platform insights.
- Creation of Content: Ability to create timely ‘quick’ content (animated gifs, 5 second videos, images etc) to share on social platforms
- Optimise Advertising: Ensure efficient advertising spend, primarily on Facebook
You must have…
- Previous experience in content and social media strategy, ideally in a digital publishing environment
- An appetite for and experience with analysing data and metrics to drive new content strategies
- Proven experience delivering creative social and digital content of multiple formats, from strategic concepts and planning to content creation and delivery
- Up-to date knowledge of the landscape of digital content from strategy and development through to formats, channels, distribution and data analysis
- Experience managing social media channels, knowledge of SEO and monitoring activity and key success metrics
- Good writing ability with close attention to detail, alongside strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to proactively anticipate opportunities for promotional activity, as well as reacting quickly to new external opportunities to grow our audience and community
- Experience of using a range of online apps & tools to manage, analyse and grow our community & audience
- Experience creating audio-visual content a big bonus
Closing date for applications: 31 July 2016