Junior Social Media & Content Marketer
The Spaces is on the hunt for a talented and ambitious Junior Social Media and Content Marketer to join our team in London’s Soho. Launched in 2015 by VF Publishing and Editor Malaika Byng, the design and property magazine has a rapidly growing and highly engaged online audience. This is an exciting time to join the brand, which has big projects in the pipeline.
Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief and Director of Content Marketing, you will play a pivotal role in building on The Spaces’ success, working closely with our editorial team to implement growth strategies for the websites and social platforms. You will also help cement The Spaces’ position as the go-to destination for the best properties on the market across the world, raising the international design benchmark.
Help grow and engage our audience and community on social platforms, newsletter and on-site through digital content marketing strategies.
- We are looking for someone at the early stages of their career in the field of media and/or marketing
- You should be a great learner and hungry for knowledge
- Have a passion for design and property
- Have some experience creating content for multiple platforms (video, photos, gifs, articles etc)
- Have some experience promoting content you have created yourself, whether on social media or through SEO/SEM
- Have an appetite for (and experience with) analysing data and metrics to drive new content strategies
- You should be someone who is interested in the future and changing landscape of digital content
- Have a basic knowledge of SEO and of monitoring activity and key success metrics
- Be a good writer with strong attention to detail, alongside good interpersonal skills
- Be tech savvy – comfortable using a range of online apps and tools to manage, analyse and grow our community and audience
What you’ll be doing:
Guided by our Editor-in-Chief and Senior Digital Content Marketer, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Developing and implementing content distribution and growth strategies for the website, newsletter and social platforms based on content, data and competitor analysis.
- Considering what new platforms are worth investing time in.
- Helping develop a company-wide ‘platform’ mindset where all content creators source and publish content – in a variety of forms – across all our platforms, and time-zones, with the right tone, style and format.
- Managing online marketing and collaborations: identifying, developing and implementing online brand/PR campaigns and collaborations that are directly focused on growing our audience. Developing, negotiating and managing these tactics and strategic collaborations. Be the link between us and the other brands on all platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat).
- Managing our community: instigating and responding to relevant discussions that might assist in engaging our community and growing it, e.g. Facebook groups, Reddit, Twitter conversations.
- Creating content: producing timely ‘quick’ content (animated gifs, 10-second videos, images etc) to share on social platforms.
- Optimising advertising: ensuring efficient advertising spend, primarily on Facebook.
- Spotting social media posts that are getting high engagement and helping turn them into editorial content.
- Helping grow our property contacts and sourcing the best designed properties on the market internationally. This involves building up relationships with real estate brands, browsing listings websites, signing up to newsletters and setting up feedly accounts, twitter lists and Crowdtangle searches to ensure we never miss a thing.
- Develop strategies for new social media accounts that are offshoots of @thespacesmag, launching them and helping them grow.
- Assist in any other ways necessary to drive distribution and brand/content awareness of The Spaces.
Think you’ve got what we’re looking for? Apply today. Closing date for applications: 30 September 2017.